Thursday, July 14, 2011

| Daily Word

Home | Daily Word

INNER PEACE
I am calm and serene.

Nothing can disturb me without my permission. For that reason, I begin my day with a choice for peace. Regardless of external events, the length or urgency of my to-do list, or the activity of my busy mind, I find peace within.

As I become quiet, aware of Spirit, and aware of my own thoughts and emotions, I am not sidetracked by any rash reaction to turmoil. I focus my attention on my breathing, close my eyes and envision the tranquility of Spirit. I am calm as I make a few simple choices for peace: I smile; I turn the television off; I shut down the computer.

A few moments in prayer or meditation attune me to the serenity within. In Spirit, I am calm, serene and undisturbed.

Those of steadfast mind you keep in peace.--Isaiah 26:3

No comments:

Post a Comment